Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Was Sure I Had A 6-Pack Under There

Well, I have seem my tummy. There is no 6-pack. Disappointing? A little.

Here is what happened in the surgery. I was asked to put on disposable shorts (cool!) and a hospital gown. The the Dr pulled up my gown exposing my tummy. He drew a line from hip to hip. Then he made 2 more lines to form a triangle a few inches above my belly button. He was going to make all those cuts and he would cut out my belly button and set it aside. He would sew my errant stomach muscles back together, pinch all the skin from the triangle, cut it off and sew it together. For the final touch he sewed my belly button back in place so that I would have the appearance of a belly button should I ever choose to wear a bikini. But I have looked at it, and it is way smaller than my old button used to be (pre-triplets). He also said he would do a little but of liposuction on the sides to even things out.

Ladies, I am pretty sure no one has compassion on the woman that just had free lipo, but let me tell you, it hurts. I have bruises up my back and ache like I have been hit by a truck.

I can't lift anything more than a gallon of milk for 2 weeks. So I can lift half of a Wilson, who is going to lift the other half?


So here is a before, note my protruding button and tummy.

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this post?

    Well, I have compassion on you. The word liposuction creeps me out and it seems painful and scary. Like somebody's taking a high-powered shop vac and slurping up all your stuff. It never seems like a precision kind of thing to me, for some reason. Glad they didn't vacuum up something they weren't supposed to on you. You're looking fab.

    ReplyDelete