Saturday, February 8, 2020

Polka Dots are Therapeutic By: Claire Murray


First band concert EVER!!!! (And my friend Caitlyn)


Hi. I am Claire, I am 11 years old now. Turning twelve in a month. Today, at a ceramics painting place called "Hands On'', I found out that dotting ceramics is extremely therapeutic!
I have a lot on my mind these days. I now go to Middle School AND am in the young womans program at my church. To make life more exciting, I play the trumpet in the hardest class of all, 6th grade band (my friend Gracie  Robson is in 6th grade orchestra and she says it is equally as hard.)

In our family right now, James is learning the guitar. Hazel has found her love for my ukulele. I feel bad for my mom having to listen to me play the trumpet and piano, but she says she loves it. I enjoy music. Anyway, at Hands On, my mom and I were working together dotting a ceramic puffer fish and we did not realize how many dots we had done. We both found it fabulously addicting and therapeutic. We couldn't even stop dotting when our common sense said we had enough dots! One more...one more!! I am worried how it will turn out.

 So I was thinking of other things in my life that help me be relaxed and calm down: Here are some other ways to cool down.

  1. Writing stories, I am working on a story I call the ''The Mystery Train''
  2. Art ( may I recommend dotting ........ahhh stop it.....I can't.... )
  3. Go to the temple, I can finally go, it is so relaxing
  4. Go running, I did cross country and hated to love it and I want to do track
  5. Listen to or play music
  6. Laugh
  7. Read, I recommend Harry Potter or the Candy Shop Wars book 1 and 2 by  Brandon Mull also The Janitors by Tyler Whiteside
  8. Origami or paper airplanes, I love paper air planes 
  9. There isn't much that feels better than serving people
  10. Make popcorn and eat it all. Muah ah ah ah!!!
Addicted to Dots, Mr Pox


Hazels Deer Cow/ Cow Deer 

Quinn and her super happy money bear


James creating a mug to "Strike fear in the heart of every man"



I can't stop! Someone stop me! Help! 







14 comments:

  1. I simply wanted to write a simple word to thank you for all of the unique tips and tricks you are giving here. My particularly long internet look up has finally been rewarded with reputable points to exchange with my guests. I 'd state that that we website visitors actually are undoubtedly fortunate to be in a remarkable network with so many outstanding people with useful plans. I feel very much privileged to have used the webpage and look forward to many more brilliant times reading here. Thanks a lot again for everything.
    tuition centre singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing ! I want to thank you for enabling me a great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.Narration is well ordered and the quality of writing is of high standards.Keep the good work up.
    Read a nice blog -
    How to make your party special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!
    Car service from Rome to Naples

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing the great article. please visit Limo Service West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya what do you use for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Any help would be really appreciated!
    car service from Rome to Naples !

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was vey ideal blog for limo. if you need to see more , check this site Latest bikes and cars

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an amazing blog because this article have quality words and visit to get Miami International Airport Car Service at Good Price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is one of the quality and worthy blog, i really impressed and visit us to get Luxury Limo Service from Miami Airport.

    ReplyDelete

  11. The yellow filter can be used in many situations, which is why it is so important for film and black photography. Get one if you don't already have the yellow filter. . The clipping Path company offers excellent editing services for photography.
    issh path

    ReplyDelete
  12. An orange is perhaps the most important filter. You may believe that an orange filter works the same as an orange filter if you have followed the instructions. However, it performs to a greater degree.
    tokla app

    ReplyDelete
  13. The darker colors of blue skies capture the sky in a stark contrast with the atmosphere and clouds. A filter with orange color can cut through fog and haze more effectively. An orange filter can be used to give your skin a healthy, smooth appearance in portraits.
    the today talk

    ReplyDelete
  14. It reduces the appearance of freckles and blemishes. Orange is also important in architecture because it increases the contrast between different materials and texture (bricks are coloured in orange, making them appear lighter).
    clipping path services

    ReplyDelete